- To find entries for individuals: use the
Search Form on this page or the
Search menu item at the top of every page. A powerful combination of search queries can be entered, for example a subject's first name, together with a spouse's maiden name, a parent's first name and an associated place name;
- For an index of all individuals on this website: click on the Surnames menu item at the top of each page;
- For information about a particular family line: click on the Family Lines menu item on each page;
- For charts of all descendants of a family line: click on the Charts menu on every page, and choose one of the formats from the drop-down menu - Indented Charts or Dropline Charts. Click on a name in an indented or box chart to go directly to a biographical page for that person;
- To see how the different family lines might connect: use the Charts menu and choose one of the Schematic Charts;
- To see photos and images of individuals: click on the Images menu item. Click on a thumbnail in the gallery of images to enlarge it or to go directly to a biographical page for that individual.
- For original Meredith records and transcripts: click on the Records menu item on the top of every page;
- For the results of DNA studies: click on the Meredith DNA in the menu to see how such studies are helping to understand the connections between Meredith family lines;
- For general research links: click on Useful Links in the footer of every page, to access general resources in Irish family history.
There is an icon
at the top of the biographical page for each individual. Clicking the icon displays a pedigree chart with known parents and siblings for that person. This icon
after the name of a child in the Family Section on a person's page indicates that the child had children.
G next to a place name indicates that the location can be displayed in a Google map by clicking the icon.